Since there is a heat wave in Germany I did not want to give up completely on the idea of something creamy and refreshing that tastes of coffee.
Here is what I came up with. It’s boyfriend and dad-approved, while providing us with healthy fats and proteins.
And it’s easy! If you have a blender that is… Got no blender? You don’t know what you are missing out on…. just saying… 🙂
So, here is the base recipe, just approximate measurements and you can adjust according to your taste.
Make it like so:
- Ice cubes ( I used two small trays full, approximately 30 cubes, but you could use more. The more ice you use the denser it will be)
- Instant coffee or even better: coffee substitute or a mix of both if you want to wean yourself slowly off coffee. I used 6 heaped teaspons of Naturata Getreidekaffee.
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- Cold water (fill the blender to almost 1 liter/34 oz, depending on how much ice you used)
- Stevia ( I used 8 drops)
- Maple sirup (you can also use raw honey or coconut sugar), I used 2 table spoons full
- Optional: some vanilla and/or cinnamon (keeps the bloodsugar level more stable) and/or a dash of sea salt (can help some of us with hydration)
- Optional: 1-2 table spoons of chia seeds – iced coffee with healthy and essential omega 3 fatty acids! How much better can it get?
- Another optional, for the superfood aficionados out there: if you happen to have some mushroom powder on hand, like Chaga or Reishi, you can add a teaspoon of that to your coffee or coffee substitute, for more health benefits and an enhancement of that coffee taste you are after.
Blend on full power, taste test and adjust sweetness to your liking. Serve immediately. Makes approximately 1 liter (34 oz).
Enjoy and let me know if you tried this out and how you liked it!
Lots of Love & Happiness